One of the ten largest and major institutions of public higher education in Portugal, with six units
- Escola Superior Agrária (Coimbra Agriculture School) (ESAC)
- Escola Superior de Educação (Coimbra Education School) (ESEC)
- Escola Superior de Tecnologia da Saúde (Coimbra Health School) (ESTeSC)
- Escola Superior de Tecnologia e Gestão de Oliveira do Hospital (Oliveira do Hospital Management and Technology School) (ESTGOH
- Instituto Superior de Contabilidade e Administração (Coimbra Business School) (ISCAC)
- Instituto Superior de Engenharia (Coimbra Institute of Engineering) (ISEC)
Covering a huge diversity of training areas, from agriculture and environment, education, communication, tourism, arts, management, accounting and marketing, to health and engineering.
The Polytechnic of Coimbra offers Higher Professional Degree Programmes and Vocational Education, Bachelor's Degrees, Post-graduations and Master’s Degrees, representing a vital part of the city and playing a critical role in local development and national progress.
Quality education – where the practical component is strongly supported by solid theory training, with a constant concern to adapt training to market demands –, a close connection with companies, incentive to entrepreneurship and internationalisation are central pillars of its education, assuring successful careers to its graduates, as well as high employability rates.
Social Service is another core organisational unit responding to the students’ needs by means of general support, scholarships, board and accommodation, medical services and sports practice.
The Polytechnic of Coimbra represents:
Download PDF 1
Download PDF 2
- - Modernity
- - Innovation
- - Knowledge
- - Quality
- - Employability
- - Citizenship
- - Solidarity
- - Multiculturalism