Vision - iSTEM
- All student (Year 5 to GCSE and A Level) should be taught STEM subjects by highly trained and experienced teachers who regularly update their subject-specific knowledge and skills through appropriate CPD, and are given the time, resources and support to do so.
- Careers advice and guidance should include subject teachers spending time with STEM employers.
- School and college leaders and governors should recognise the unique demands on STEM teachers in terms of updating subject knowledge and skills, and support them in this throughout their careers.
- Government, policymakers and others should support this through appropriate incentives and resources.
- We are aiming to provide teachers, technicians and other educators with high impact, subject-specific professional development and support in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) across Bangladesh.